Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lesson #2: No More Wasted Time

Wasted Time

I struggle to think of anything that irritates me more than knowing that I have wasted time.  In Confession #2: Peer Pressure, I shared that I experimented with menu planning because "everyone is doing it."  Well, I'm sorry I did because it was wasted time and a lot of extra work.  Not saying you shouldn't - that would be peer pressure ;)

Problem Solved

Instead of spending all afternoon on a menu I may or may not abide by or even look at, here's what I used that time for:
  • Cleaned out the refrigerator
  • Took grocery inventory
  • Got dinner done early
  • The kitchen is clean and ready for in the morning
  • Wrote this post
  • Made a rough schedule for the week
  • Spent quality home ec time with the girls
  • Did an extra load of laundry
  • Cleaned the bathroom
  • Worked on homeschool plans
I think there were a couple other things, but you get the idea.  I got rid of one thing that was wasting my time and I cut loose on other more productive things.

What are some things that aren't working for you? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to add?