Saturday, August 3, 2013

Confessions of a Cluttered Kitchen: Admitting My Faults

Hello, My Name Is Rachael And I Am...

Impatient.  A workaholic. Unrealistic.

The Proof

I simply cannot justify nor can I accept that the house is going to be messy just because I have a (deserving) husband to dote on, 3 homeschooled children, an ailing mother to care for, an income to build from scratch, a garden to tend, and we just merged two households.

There is also absolutely no reason why I cannot get up at 4 AM every day so that I can get more work done.  It is a matter of choice.

The kids should be as fast and efficient as I am at chores even though they have less than half the experience.  I have taught them all they need to know to accomplish this.

The Results

Stress. Disappointment. Frustration.  Strained relationships.  Fatigue.  

What Works, What Doesn't

I happily stopped detailed menu planning because it wasn't working.  That was easy.  Obviously, some other things need to change.  Ahem...I...need to change.  

Homestead Hang-Ups

Much more complicated is the task of changing one's habits and perspectives.  Which 
is why I will be breaking all this changing down into blog segments called Homestead Hang-Ups.

I have dedicated August to figuring out what works and what doesn't around here, and to finding solutions.


Feel free to leave some advice. I know I'm not alone ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to add?