Sunday, July 21, 2013

Confessions of a Cluttered Kitchen: Peer Pressure

Confession #2: Everybody's Doing It

In my quest to conquer the kitchen, I found myself in need of inspiration.  I've been perusing blogs of moms who have it together, and soaking up good ideas from Country Living and Better Homes and Gardens. 

I can't get enough of the great design ideas in the magazines.  They spark creativity and motivate me.  But if I read one more post about menu planning...

I have good intentions when it comes to meal planning:  every week I spend hours trying to piece together a menu of tasty dishes for the least amount of money.  Then I don't follow through.  Sometimes on purpose.

The Problem

I've given myself another time consuming task to procrastinate on, and I feel like in order to run a successful kitchen I must have a menu plan-because that's how all successful moms do it, isn't it?  

The Lesson

I need to face what isn't working, and menu planning doesn't work for me.

The Solution 

  • 86 the menu plan and all it's time and space consumption.
  • Return to my trusty method of purchasing ingredients and cooking creatively
  • Find a productive use for this freed up time
There is a lot of great advice out there, and trying new methods is great.  I let peer pressure cause me to doubt my instincts though: my original way of feeding us and minimizing the grocery bill worked for us.  I had no reason to change it.  

Is there something about your home management plan that differs from the majority or what the experts think?  Tell me about it!

Mrs. Redd





No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to add?