Thursday, July 11, 2013

Welcome to My Kitchen!

I've finally got a kitchen of my own.  It's mine. I can do with it what I please, and I finally have that settled feeling knowing I'm planted.

Speaking of planted, this is also our first REAL garden.  We have made attempts in the past, but never had a garden to speak of.  We are learning, for sure, but we have already harvested a few green beans and nothing has died on us yet.

After I put away that first mess of green beans, I was so excited I kept opening the freezer to look at my first bit of homegrown bounty.  I can only imagine what it will be like to see the freezers and cupboards full of the food we raised, but it is a wonderful feeling. It's  freedom.

But I don't just own this kitchen.  It is part of me.  It sits in the house I grew up in, and looks out over the garden my father planted.  It is the kitchen he baked all my birthday cakes in.

Now my father's homestead will be part of his grandchildren's heritage.

Welcome to my kitchen!  It needs a little work so excuse the mess.  I'd love to hear about your kitchen, so please share!

May your cupboards always be full and meals never burnt!

Mrs. Redd





No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to add?